Ways to pay:
- City Hall
- During regular business hours Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; or
- After Hours Drop Box (please do not make cash payments in the drop box)
- Online Utility Bill Payment
- Pay utility bills online by visiting our online payments website. A $1.00 processing fee will be charged for this service. Check with your bank provider for their policies regarding online payment. Some banks require up to 10 days to make your payment and late fees could apply if your bank does not get your payment to us on time.
- Automatic Bank Drafting Service
- In an effort to provide better service, the City offers electronic bank drafting service for monthly utility bill payments. This can be arranged by the Utility Billing Department. Complete the Automatic Bank Draft Authorization Form at City Hall (you will need to provide a voided check).
- Credit Card Payment by Telephone
- Customers may pay their utility bill by telephone using a MasterCard or Visa credit card. To pay by telephone through an automated line with a credit card, customers may call 866-238-2289. A $1.25 convenience fee will be charged on all credit card transactions (you will need your account number and home address).
Customers who wish to start, stop, or transfer services must contact the City of Caldwell Comptroller or Utility Billing offices during normal business hours and complete a service contract.
- New Service: Must be done in person. To activate services in person at City Hall you must present a valid photo ID, copy of lease or closing papers, and pay a deposit. Requests after 4:00 pm will be connected the following business day.
- Transfer Service: Must be done in person, submit an application and present a valid photo ID and copy of lease or closing papers.
- Stop or Disconnect Service: May be done by phone or in person. Deposits will be applied to the balance on the final bill. Please provide a forwarding address for the final bill and possible refund due.
- Reconnect Service: Requests must be received before 4:00 pm for same day service. An additional $20.00 fee will be charged for reconnects after hours.
Wastewater use is estimated based on your water use. Once a year, customer accounts are monitored for what are typically the lowest usage for the months of December, January and February and then averaged to get your wastewater rate per month for the next 12 months.
Reporting Utility Outages:
- If your service has suddenly been interrupted and you do not know the cause, please call the Utility Billing Department during normal business hours at 979-567-3271 and after hours due to an emergency situation call 979-567-4343.
- When your service has been discontinued for non-payment of a bill, the full amount of the bill plus a $20.00 reconnection fee and/or $20.00 disconnect fee must be paid before service is reinstated. Customers should contact the Utility Billing Department to report an electric, water or wastewater/sewer problems.