Historic Preservation Month – May 2020
Facebook: “Caldwell, Texas – Municipal Government”
Be sure to keep an eye out for the preservation post(s) of the day on the website and social media.
In order to just share your memories and photos:
- Tag us on Facebook: “Caldwell, Texas Municipal Government” and include #caldwelltxmemories #thisplacematters
- Tag us on Instagram: @caldwelltexas and include #caldwelltxmemories #thisplacematters
Community Development Director
LET’S SHARE SOME MEMORIES TOGETHER
To celebrate Historic Preservation Month and highlight historic places in the City of Caldwell, please join us by sharing photos of historic places in Caldwell relating to these categories: Businesses, Homes, Sites, and Things (Building Interior or Exterior).
The City of Caldwell wants your help to showcase Caldwell’s History.
(Participants can submit photo(s) for each category)
How to participate:
1.Take an original photo in Caldwell from one of the categories.
- Photos can be:
- A copy of a personal historic photo;
- Current condition
- Potential of a location;
- Before and After renovations; or
- Selfie with location and “This place matters” sign, and with owners/employees.
2.Submit your photo(s) via email to email@example.com
- Provide your:
- photo file name (don’t forget to attach the photo as a jpg. or png. file).
- the name of the place or thing, and
- the year it was built/made.
- Share a short description about the place or thing.
- List the category (submissions for each category are due on the Saturday before the upcoming week showcase):
- Business/Buildings (Due Saturday, May 2nd)
- Homes (Due Saturday, May 9th)
- Sites (Due Saturday, May 16th)
- Things (Due Saturday, May 23rd)
- Is your photo a:
- Transformation (before & after);
- Don’t forget about…
Photo Contest Guidelines
- Photos must be taken of places or things in Caldwell, Texas and can be submitted by anyone in the community.
- Youth submissions – ages 18 and under – must be submitted by a parent or guardian.
- Submissions for each category are due on the Saturday before the upcoming week showcase (See due dates below).
- Participants can submit photo(s) for each category.
- Participation instructions are listed above, all entries submitted MUST submit the photo with complete information in order to be entered into the contest.
- Photos submitted must be original and submitted as a jpg., or png. Higher resolution is best for printing and display opportunities.
- Once submitted via email you will receive a confirmation message with a photo release statement allowing the City of Caldwell to use your photo for future promotions / media outlets.
- The panel will vote on the winning submissions the first week of June, and the winners will be released on Wednesday, June 10, 2020.
BUSINESSES / BUILDINGS
(Interior or Exterior)
MAY 4 – MAY 8
(Interior or Exterior)
MAY 11 – MAY 15
(Landscape, Streetscape, Feature)
MAY 18 – MAY 22
(Momento, Family Heirloom)
MAY 25 – MAY 29
The photo contest will be judged by a panel of three members from the Burleson County Historical Commission & Society. All photos submitted will be posted on the City of Caldwell’s Website, and Social Media Outlets. All photos will be on display at the Caldwell Civic Center once the facility is back open to the public. Contest winners will be displayed at the Burleson County Courthouse.
Photo Contest Categories
- Best Historic Business/Buildings – (Submission due Sat. May 2nd)
- Best Historic Home – (Submission due Sat. May 9th)
- Best Historic Site – (Submission due Sat. May 16th)
- Best Historic Thing – (Submission due Sat. May 23rd)
- Impact – how the photo entry makes someone feel.
- Creativity – how the Entrant was able to convey their idea, message or thought in an original and imaginative way through their lens.
- Style – how the Entrant is able to showcase their personal originality and technique to influence how the image is presented and interpreted.
- Subject Matter/Theme – was the subject matter displayed in the photo entry appropriate to the concept of “This Place Matters”.
- Category/Story Telling – does the photo entry evoke the viewer’s imagination, or effectively conveys the importance of Caldwell’s history.